Saturday, September 26, 2009

Background Design - Jack and the Beanstalk

4.
3.

2.


1.


These pieces were done in a series for Jack and the Beanstalk and done in Photoshop.
1. This is an interior shot of Jack and his Mother's house. I wanted it to look like a lived-in cottage and belonging to poor people. I think the most successful part of this piece is the use of light and shadow and warm colors from the fire. If i went back and redid it, I would add more texture.
2. This is an exterior of the giant's Castle. My ideas were never too clear on this one but I was generally happy with it. Perspective is a bit off.
3. Landscape piece for Jack and the Beanstalk. I think this is one of the best in the series.
4. The final piece. We got to choose whatever we wanted whether it was an interior, exterior, or landscape piece. I really enjoyed working on the interior piece and decided to do Jack's house - exterior. I might have overdone the texture in some areas but was happy with it in the end.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nicolette,

    My name is Simon Banks and I am a theatre Director in the UK. I am about to produce a touring version of Jack and The Beanstalk and am trying to source some images and animations for use in this show. The images would be used via rear projection. If this is something you could help with then please drop me an email at simon.banks@rocketmail.com your images are lovely, thanks.

    ReplyDelete